Monday, January 8, 2007

Assume: Making an Ass out of just you....

Recently, I have come to suspect that I may be intolerant to gluten. So, I have had to make some major changes to my diet....no more of my favorite cereal in the morning, no quick muffin or scone or bagel... You get the picture. So, I headed down to the cafeteria for some breakfast. While they were cooking my order, I collected my condiments: ketchup, salt, and pepper. After I had dropped the salt packet into my bag, the operator of the cafeteria walked up to me and in a very loud voice so EVERYONE can hear said, "You know, those cost money." I was shocked. Did he assume and then accuse me of giving myself the five finger discount for a few packets of ketchup???? I whirled around and said, "No shit, that's why I am buying something!" I was pissed. And do you think that he apologized for labeling me a thief in front of eveyone? Hell no. He practically ran to the back of the kitchen. The cooks, my fellow co-workers, and anyone else in the vicinity looked in awe at what just happened. Now my eggs and hash browns were tainted with false accusations.... If I hadn't been starving I would have told him where to put my breakfast order. I love Mondays.....

2 comments:

pinknest said...

what?! i can't believe someobody would even blink an eye at taking those condiments! if it's such an issue, they shouldn't have their precious condiments out. that is so absurd.

Tanya Kristine said...

he is a prick. and he's not good to his staff either..let's not go there anymore. and when the temperature goes above 28, we'll start.