Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Are you in line????

Exactly how clueless are people???? I decided to head downstairs to the cafeteria to get something to drink. After I made my selection, I stood in line with my chosen drink and money in hand. It was at this time that I felt a tap on my shoulder and a woman asked, "Are you in line?" I responded with a "Yep" and turned back around.

Are you kidding me? What was your first clue? A line of people? Me standing in the line of people with drink and money in hand? I should have looked at her as if she had offended me and said, "Uhm, no.... I usually come down here around lunchtime, carry around juice and cash and then get behind other people while enjoying the atmosphere of my lovely government office cafeteria."

In another classic moment....I was recently downtown and had just parked my car near the Starbucks. Lucky me, there were still 20 minutes left on my parking meter so I started to rush inside to get my coffee. In mid-stride, a woman stopped me and asked, "Are all the parking spots metered? I just needed to run in here for a moment". I wanted to laugh but realized that she was being quite sincere. In my head I was thinking, does she actually believe that the city has a few parking spots here and there that aren't metered just in case you have to run in somewhere just for a moment? I confirmed the bad news and left her to process the information as I headed in for my coffee. Priceless....

I just love people, they never cease to amaze me.

No comments: