Friday, December 22, 2006

Update: Christmas Gift Standoff of 2006

Day 22 of the Christmas Gift Standoff and no relief or presents in sight. Surprise, surprise. It is hard for me to believe that we are 3 days away from the big event and I have yet to see one shred of Christmas wrap, one beautiful bow. I even brought home all the gifts I have been given by co-workers and placed them very carefully so he can see that other people in the world not only bought me gifts but wrapped them. I would hope that the shame that others had beaten him to the punch would sting so badly that he would have a pile of goodies waiting for me tonight...... My sick little obsession would not leave me alone and when I went to bed, a vision of presents popped into my head...









Okay, so maybe I am expecting too much... And maybe, just maybe, by putting Craig's gifts out so early for him to see, it caused gift anxiety and gift peer pressure. But, doesn't he realize how happy he will make me if I had my own gifts to treasure, touch, shake, hold up to the light, steam open the tape, use and re-wrap????








I wracked my brain trying to remember what hints I had given him over the last few months.... A new chef's knife? Gucci perfume? Wine glasses? The anticipation is killing me! However, my competitive nature has now kicked in and I want my presents to him to kick ass over his presents to me. Deep down I want to show that I know him better than he knows me. Is anybody following this??? Probably not.





I just spoke to him a few minutes ago and before I hung up the phone I wished him "happy gift wrapping" Too obvious??? He gave a nervous chuckle, mumbled something about the weather and ended the call. I don't think he took me seriously. There has apparently been a break down in communication or he has lost his copy of "The Perfect Man Manual". If another day passes without a present, he will need to fall back on the old stand by..."would you like some wine?"...usually said in a tone that one would use when trying to tame a rabid dog. At the rate this is going, I anticipate full inebriation for the next three days......



2 comments:

Tanya Kristine said...

if that's your boyfriend, it looks like he DID wrap your present...

Tanya Kristine said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS HOOCHIE MAMMA...