Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Where are my presents??????????

Okay, so I made a point to wrap and put my boyfriend's Christmas presents out for him to see....in addition, I also left out ALL of the wrap and accessories needed to wrap my presents. Thoughtful, huh? Well, today is December 20th and I still do not have a present of mine in sight. Although I am confident that he has purchased said gifts, he apparently has not wrapped them. If my memory serves, he rarely wraps my Christmas gifts; rather, he places them in the store bag and wraps the excess of the bag around the gift and hands them to me. I would really enjoy actually opening a wrapped gift. All of this wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the fact that he is home alone for large parts of the day giving him ample time and space to wrap my goodies.... Does one have to be deprived of the traditional gift shake??? He has made some grandiose comments about the perfection of one of my gifts. The Mac Daddy of all gifts...... Now, I don't even have anything to look at to try to help me guess what I may be getting on the 25th. How is this possible??? I am not that far removed from that little 8 year old girl I once was that loved to walk around the Christmas tree taking stock of my future loot. I even reminded him that I purchased EXTRA tape to aid in the wrapping of my presents..... As I see it now, he only has tomorrow and Friday to wrap without me being home. So, we will have to see how long the Christmas Gift Standoff of 2006 will last, how many people will be affected and whether or not conflict resolution is possible. Even the dogs have Christmas stockings full of goodies..... Once again, another tearjerker Christmas tale of lost hope and dreams crushed.

1 comment:

Tanya Kristine said...

taking stock of christmas loot...i love it!!!