Monday, January 25, 2010

Never too late to be a cliché…

Okay, so I hate those ‘starting over’ posts that we write after a significant event has occurred. However, I find myself writing one despite my contempt. Unfortunately, it must be done to take care of the business at hand which is the resurrection of my blog. Graham and I ended our relationship this weekend. At this point, I am not willing to go over the details because they are just that, details. In the end, it’s over.

I am a couple of months away from my 41st birthday and if you had asked me when I was 18 where I might be at this point in my life…my answers may have been varied, but I don’t think they would have included this. To put it bluntly, it sucks. Not the flowery prose I would prefer to use, but it’s a genuine expression of my feelings. And no, I will not be negative about the ex in a desperate attempt to make myself feel better. Nope, there is no way around this part; I just have to ride it out.

But an incredible thing happened as a result of the events of this weekend. I found that I have the most amazing friends and family. They rallied around me, loved me, feed me, held me tight and reminded me that Graham is not the last man I will ever love. He was a great one, but not the last one. Sometimes when you are knee deep in Kleenex, you forget that.

And one last thing I discovered this weekend…there are a lot of fucking internet dating commercials on TV. There ought to be a law or at least a button on your remote to make them disappear.

I’m just saying…


No comments: