Thursday, March 22, 2007

Great! You too???

Okay, so I am a week away from my 38th birthday. And I feel like I am still working on who I am going to be when I grow up.


I stayed waaay too late at work tonight.....7:30 to be sort of exact...

Here is the main view from my desk chair....

Wow...I actually left a 7:45...

Am I the last one left in the garage???


So, as anyone like myself would do, I felt that I had extended myself and a reward was required. Don't get me wrong, I ate a healthy (albeit a convenient) meal of brown rice, french lentils and lemon olive oil.... (the garage-banished microwave came in mighty handy) but, I opened a Napa chardonnay and settled down to enjoy the newest episode of "Grey's Anatomy"...

About half way through the show, Jerry Lee (my German Shepherd) got up, walked down the hall headed toward our bedroom. At first, I thought that perhaps he was getting into mischief. I called down the hall for him.... he did not respond. So, I went to the bedroom to see what he was up to.

I flipped on the lights. Jerry squinted his eyes to adjust to the brightness. He lifted his head halfway up and then immediately dropped it down to rest on his paw... I could see and hear him sigh as he closed his eyes. The corners of my mouth lifted as I took in Jerry in all his "cuteness" glory. Then in dawned on me....

"Great! You too???" Even my dog is more mature and responsible than me. He knows when a reasonable bedtime is and has the good sense to call an end to his day. Are you kidding??? I actually have a dog that has....sensibility? I guess so... Because as I write this blog, I can hear him snoring down the hall as I stifle a yawn, punching the keyboard with the knowledge that I have to be at work in 8 hours.

Jerry Lee....smartass!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great reading your post....and well since your birthday is approaching just drop by my blog on Birthday Celebrations sometime for all the ideas and resources to make your birthday even more special!!!

Tanya Kristine said...

hahahah!~ i LOVE that look. and kody goes to bed if i, for some odd reason, happen to stay up late.

pinknest said...

i love it!! the idea of a dog calling it a night is hysterical.

buffalodick said...

It's better to wonder who you are going to be, instead of finding out and not liking it!

KleoPatra said...

GREAT photo!!! Dogs know everything...